Districts and Neighborhoods

  • Pick a point from the map
  • Al-Magharba District

    Landmark History:
    (589 AH / 1193 AD - 592 AH / 1195 AD).

    Reason of the name:
    Named after the Moroccans immigrating to it since the opening Alsalahi.

    Builder Name:
    Made waqf by Alafdal king Noor al-Din Abu Hassan Ali bin Salah al-Din Ayyubi.
    Named after the Moroccans immigrating to it since the
    opening Alsalahi.
    – Located in the southeast of the Old City of Jerusalem.
    -Adjacent to the Buraq Wall.
    – Made waqf by Alafdal king Noor al-Din Abu Hassan Ali bin
    Salah al-Din Ayyubi.
    – (589 AH / 1193 AD – 592 AH / 1195 AD).
    – The shape like the box, and interspersed with the details of
    ancient archaeological and historical facilities, some of them
    dating back to the Ayyubids period.
    Interspersed with these facilities obstacles and narrow and
    narrow gaps learning to connect the District each other.
    Spread on either side of each obstacle or road of its roads or
    even a fork in the building buildings Adjacent, sometimes
    topped with arches and bows and some domes cdistrictcterized
    by foot and adjacent houses, and is famous for its wells and
    small rooms and thick walls and small entrances narrow.
    Its buildings also contain Islamic historical buildings, some
    dating back to the Mameluke period.
    This was the whole District of Alafdal king (the son of Sultan
    Salah al-Din al-Ayyubi) after the liberation of the city from the
    Crusaders, where he made waqf on the Moroccan Mujahideen
    who participated in the conquest and remained in their name.
    Over time spread the multi-waqf of schools, buildings, chapels,
    Zawaya and others, Nasser al-Din al-Ayyubi housing numbers
    of Moroccans in Jerusalem, after the victory of the Muslims in
    the Battle of Hittin and the opening of Jerusalem.
    Then the best king Nour al-Din Ali bin Salah al-Din made waqf
    with housing surrounding the wall of Buraq on the interests of
    the neighboring Moroccan community in Jerusalem to facilitate
    them in their stay, history this place taken from the city of
    Jerusalem known as the Al-Magharba District
    -On June 6, 1967, during the Six-Day War, the Zionist forces
    occupied East Jerusalem, at the end of the war, within a few
    hours; the Zionists destroyed the Al-Magharba District, which
    carried out the most horrible massacres of humanity and
    archeology, including 138 buildings including Al Buraq Mosque
    and Magharba Mosque.
    Al Afdalia school,Zawiya AL Fakhrya, and Maqam Sheikh, and
    all this to establish an arena to receive the Jews who came to
    pray.
    Wipe the neighborhood from the scene of the city of Jerusalem
    in full, and built on the ruins of a large square facing the Wall of
    Buraq, and is one of the widest open areas within the Old City,
    accommodate the Jewish worshipers, violence crime and trying
    to rewrite the history of the region.
    Al-Magharba District was home to immigrants from Morocco
    and North Africa for many centuries, and before the 1967 war,
    where some 650 people living in 100 families lived.

  • Al-Qurami District (Sheikh Mohammed Al-Qurami neighborhood)

    Reason of the name:
    Named after the Mujahid and Governor Sheikh Mohammed al- Qurami.
    – Named after the Mujahid and Governor Sheikh Mohammed al-
    Qurami.
    – Located west of Al-Wad District overlooking Al-Aqsa
    Mosque.
    – Contains the tomb of Mujahid Sheikh Mohammed al-Qurami.
    – Zionist gangs in this District controlled many houses and
    converted some into Jewish churches.

  • Al-Wad District

    Located in the city center.
    – An extension of the Bab Al-Amoud and ends at the entrance to
    Al Buraq, it includes many Islamic monuments and sanctuaries.
    – District targeted by the occupying entity, where in this
    neighborhood many Jewish schools through the houses
    confiscated, as well as the Israeli Prime Minister Sharon
    established a house in this District.

  • Al-Ghawanameh District (Bani Ghanem)

    Reason of the name:
    Acquired by the first grandfather of the family Sheikh Islam Ghanem bin Ali bin Hussein Al Ansari Khazraji Maqdisi.
    – Acquired by the first grandfather of the family Sheikh Islam
    Ghanem bin Ali bin Hussein Al Ansari Khazraji Maqdisi.
    – Al Ghawanma District located in the north-west of the Holy
    Districtm.
    Bounded from the south the courtyard of Al-Aqsa Mosque, and
    from the east, the southern boundary of the Bab Hatta District
    (Sdistrictf Al-Anbiya District). From the north is the Al-Neiaba
    road known today as the Al-Alalam road, and from the west
    Wadi Al-Tawahin line today as Al-Wad road.
    – it’s called Bani Ghanem District, or Ghanem Sons because all
    its inhabitants are Bani Ghanem, whose presence in Jerusalem
    over a thousand years, acquired by the first grandfather of the
    family Sheikh Islam Ghanem bin Ali bin Hussein Al Ansari
    Khazraji Maqdisi, which came down after liberation from the
    Franks Year 583 AH.

  • Al-Saadiyeh District (Al-Masharqa / Al-Kurd)

    Al-Masharqa District called to the proportion of Christians
    who inhabited it during the Crusader occupation.
    – The Kurdish sailors named after the Kurds who came with
    Salahaddin and who lived there.
    – Located between Bab Al-Sahira and Al-Amoud, near Al-Aqsa
    Mosque.
    -One of the most important District in the Old City of Eternal
    Jerusalem, it is the focus of the attention of extremist Jewish
    groups, who are able from time to time to control a house here
    and building there with the help of the weak souls with great
    temptations and the more twisted ways.

    That why this is no longer what everyone knows, the scene of
    the Zionist flag flying from the window of a house or a group of
    heavily guarded guards goes through the District to protect a
    settler here and a family of settlers there.
    – It is one of the most prominent areas of the existence of a large
    number of shrines of martyrs, including: Sheikh Makki, Sheikh
    Bustami, Sheikh Malawi, Sheikh Rihan, and Om Al-Moaminin
    wife of the Prophet peace be upon him.
    -The main entrance to this main District is also Bab Al-Sahira
    north of the city, where the road to Al-Aqsa Mosque and the
    majority of the population in this District of Muslims, District
    Al-Saadiya and District Bab Hatta are one of the outlets of Al-
    Aqsa Mosque.
    It has traces from the Ayyubids era, and the Al-Salahia school
    established by Salah al-Din as a scientific place.
    Many scholars in Jerusalem came out, including the Zawya
    Mawlawi, in which supporters of this method reside, this
    method entered Jerusalem in the early Ottoman period (925
    AH).
    The most important cdistrictcteristic of this District is the
    abundance of magnificent treasures of the Islamic monuments,
    among these treasures is the Minaret Al Hamra Mosque, which
    located in the Al Sa'idiya District in the Old City of Jerusalem.
    It is one of the most important buildings built in the Ottoman
    era, its minaret is one of the finest minarets in Jerusalem, in the
    late Mameluke architecture, and this mosque established by
    Shaykh al-Shiokh al-Din Ali ibn Shams al-Din Muhammad al-
    Khaluti, before 940 AH 1533 AD.
    The first half of the sixteenth century, it called the "Sheikh Ali
    Al Khlouti Mosque", after its establisher.
    The city called it the "Minaret of the Red Mosque", related to a
    red bar that surrounded the minaret of the top.
    The mosque consists of a building and a long minaret and a
    chapel located in the south-west of the building and minaret of
    circular minarets that based on a square base above the ground,
    unlike minarets on buildings.

  • Bab Hatta District

    Landmark History:
    From the Ayyubids era.

    Reason of the name:

    Named for the location near Bab Hatta.

    – In the Islamic quarter.
    – From the Ayyubids era.
    -One of the District of the Islamic Quarter in the Old City of
    Jerusalem, one of the niches to Al-Aqsa Mosque, with traces
    from the Ayyubids era, as well as, it includes Aldistrict
    Alsalahia built by Salah al-Din al-Ayyubi as a scientific place
    that graduated many of the Jerusalem scholars.

  • Al Haddadin District

    – Part of the Christian quarter today.
    – Contains a mosque that located in the middle of District.
    – According to a report issued by the Endowments Department
    in 1944,This mosque ruined and not used for prayer, and it
    located next to the oven Hassan Bek Turgoman.
    The owners of the oven used to store firewood, and when
    reviewing the endowments to the owners of the oven was the
    key to the mosque, field research has an impact.

  • Islamic Quarter

    Reason of the name:
    Named after its residents.

    – Located in the north east.
    – It is the largest neighborhoods of old Jerusalem, inside Al-
    Aqsa Mosque.

  • Al-Nasara District

    Landmark Location:
    Located northwest of the Old Town.Extends from the doorstep of Khan al-Zayt in the middle of the market, to the west of Hebron Gate, and to Alon market from the south.

    Reason of the name:
    Named Al-Nasara because most of its residents are Christians.
    Named Al-Nasara because most of its residents are Christians.
    – Located northwest of the Old Town.
    – Extends from the doorstep of Khan al-Zayt in the middle of the
    market, to the west of Hebron Gate, and to Alon market from
    the south.
    – There are about 5419 people living in the neighborhood,
    despite the fact that they are called Christian sailors, the shop
    owners are mostly Muslims, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher
    is located across Omar bin al-Khattab mosque, there are 40
    Christian holy places.
    It also contains the famous Mara Stan

  • Al-Arman Neighborhood (the Armenian Quarter)

    Landmark History:
    The fourth century of birth.

    Reason of the name:
    Named after its Armenian residents.

    Builder Name:
    Armenians.
    Named after its Armenian residents.
    – Located southwest of the Old Town
    – Armenians.
    – The fourth century of birth.
    – One of the smallest District of Jerusalem in terms of area and
    population within the Old Town, and one of the most important
    structure of the Armenian cathedral, now known as King David
    Castle or King David Tower, a castle famous for its towers and
    minarets beautiful, and the castle was one day the palace of the
    King Herodos.
    It built when the Armenian pilgrims began to visit Jerusalem;
    the town became a city in spite of its small size.
    St. James Cathedral, a church decorated with inscriptions dating
    back to 420 BC, opened by the Armenians in Jerusalem in 1833.
    Commercial in Jerusalem, and perhaps the most important
    contribution of cultural provided by the Armenians are brought
    ceramics to Palestine in 1919.

  • Al-Sdistrictf District (the Jewish Quarter)

    Reason of the name:
    -Named after one of the great men of Jerusalem, Sdistrictf al- Din Musa, and his descendants known by bani Sdistrictf.
    -Named after one of the great men of Jerusalem, Sdistrictf al-
    Din Musa, and his descendants known by bani Sdistrictf.

    -South-east of the Old Town adjacent to the Al-Magharba
    District.
    – During the British mandate, the Jews rented most of the
    hothouse and, there owned about 4% of them.
    This District was destroyed during the 1948 war between the
    Arabs and the Jews. The entire Jewish population left the
    country during the Jordanian period in 1967, after the
    occupation of Jerusalem, the Zionists called upon to own this
    District, and thousands of its Palestinian residents destroyed
    most of its homes and turned its name into "the Jewish Quarter".
    In 1948, the population about 2,000 Jews trapped, forced to
    leave the collective, and Arab forces looted the entire District
    during the battle of Jerusalem, destroyed the ancient temples,
    and remained under Jordanian rule until it re-seized by the
    Zionist Paratrooper Brigade in the war days six in 1967.

2
حدث في مثل هذا اليوم