Khankah

– In the Old Town, there are only two gorges, namely AlSalahieah, which which was named after Salah al-Din al-Ayyubi, and Al-Fakhriyah Gorges, which was named after its builder, Fakhr al-Din Muhammad bin Fadel. – A gorge is an architectural complex that includes a mosque, several living rooms, and some public facilities.

  • Pick a point from the map
  • Al Salahia Khankahh

    Landmark History:
    (583 AH / 1187 AD)

    Reason of the name:
     named after its constructer and builder Salahaddin Ayyubi.

    Builder Name:
    Salahaddin Al – Ayyubi.

    It’s Location in Respect of the Old Town:
    Located in the Christian Quarter, specifically behind Alqiama church, reached it through the entrance leading to the garage “distributor”.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    -Khankahh is an integrated architectural complex, consisting of a mosque, rooms for housing and public facilities.
    -The records of the Al-Quds Legal Court include arguments concerning its waqf, administrative and educational affairs, the daily and social affairs of its employees, Sheikh Burhanuddin Ben Ghanem built a beautiful minaret for Hanqah in 840 AH / 1436 AD.
    -A small mosque located opposite Khankah, and there is a stone staircase leading to the second floor where a large mosque opens a mihrab in its nice southern wall and above it is a inscription on a marble tablet bearing the name of builder , Isa ibn Ahmad ibn Ghanem, and the year of construction (741 AH / 1340 AD) ).
    -As for the other parts of the Khanqah, they used as dwellings – upper rooms – for the Sufis and Shaykh Al-Khanqah, its goal is to teach the reading of Qur’an and improve it, and memorize the Prophet’s Hadith.
    -Al Asr prayer every day, and the readers of the Khankahh read in Al-Aqsa Mosque every Friday after the sunrise, and now it changed its function to hold in prayer in addition to that the other rooms turned into a house of residence.
    -In the records of the Jerusalem court, al-Khankah, says that Salahaddin made the patriarch’s bath and pool, the pool of Mamla (God’s Safe) and agricultural land in the area, as well as a group of Hakouras, houses and shops as waqf.
    -In addition to the functions of al-Khankah, where prominent Jerusalemite families such as Alalami, Inaiat Allah al-Ghazi, Beni Ghanem and Al muhandis.

  • AL Fakhria Khankah

    Landmark History:
     At (730 AH / 1329 AD)

    Reason of the name:
    Named after its builder, Judge Fakhr al din bin Fadlallah.

    Builder Name:
     Head of the Islamic armies Judge Fakhr al din Abu Abdullah Mohammed bin Fadlallah.

    It’s Location in Respect of the Old Town:
    Located near Bab Al Mgharba and close to the Islamic Museum, specifically in the southwestern side of Al-Aqsa and part of it goes out.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    - Since its inception, the Khankah has been an architectural complex consisting of a school, a mosque, a minaret and a number of rooms as accommodation for the Sufis and their memorabilia.
    -As for the mosque it consists of a rectangular place from the south to the west by the worshiper through a simple shape stone entrance, the depth is few and tapered, has 3 columns considered the pillar of the highest dome of the Ottoman period,
    -It has a nicely shaped mehrab with a stone nave decorated with red and white stones according to its stone, which contain these two colors.
    -The floor of the mosque furnished with colored marble from the Mameluke period, and the square-shaped minaret has a northern entrance that accessed by a stone staircase in the southwestern corner, topped by a square stone terrace with two rows of niches characterized by its cavity in the architectural form known as Almokarsanat.
    -On the balcony is a small square building, the end of the minaret. (1341 H / 1922). The building has a stone slab.
    -There were reports that the Khankah turned into a school, then became a place of Sufis and is originally an architectural complex.
    - 1969 the occupation removed the Khankah, leaving only the Qibli Iwan and three rooms and the Iwan became a mosque.
    -In 1977, the three rooms became the headquarters of the Department of Islamic Antiquities and are now the headquarters of the staff of the Islamic Museum.

2
حدث في مثل هذا اليوم

29 كانون الثاني الموافق 4 جمادى الآخرة تغيير