Minarets

– There are 4 minarets in the blessed Aqsa Mosque that have a long Islamic history. They are of a unique architectural nature that represents the Mamluk state.

– One of the minarets is located in the south-western corner of the mosque, and it is called the Minaret of Al-Magharibah Gate. Another is located in the north-western corner of the mosque, and it is named like the nearest gate to it; the Minaret of Al-Ghwanmah Gate.
– There is also a minaret above the west gallery, and the last one is in the northern gallery at Al-Asbat Gate.

  • Pick a point from the map
  • Bab Al-Asbat minaret Al-salahya minaret

    Landmark Location:
    The northern corridor of Al-Aqsa Mosque between Bab Hatta and bab Al-asbat.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:
     Northeast Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:
    In the Mamluk period during the reign of Sultan Ashraf Shaaban in 769 AH
    1367 AD.

    Reason of the name:
    - It was called bab Al-asbat minaret : Because it is near to bab AL-asbat
    - Reason for naming it Al-salahya minaret is because it’s located in Al-salahya school.

    Builder Name:
    By Saifi Katlubga

    - It was called bab Al-asbat minaret :
    Because it is near to bab AL-asbat
    - Reason for naming it Al-salahya minaret is because it’s located in Al-salahya school
    - On the northern corridor of Al-Aqsa Mosque between Bab Hatta and bab Al-asbat
    - Northeast Dome of the Rock
    - By Saifi Katlubga
    - In the Mamluk period during the reign of Sultan Ashraf Shaaban in 769 AH
    1367 AD
    - It had a quadrangular base like all other minarets in the mosque, but after its Ottoman renovation, it became the only minaret with a cylindrical shape and is 28.5 m long.
    - It was renovated in the Ottoman period. It contains a memorial inscription on the bottom of the door, mentioning the name of its’ builders. Ottoman’s restored after an earthquake struck the area of Al-Aqsa Mosque in 1586. Then, the Supreme Islamic Council restored it once again after another earthquake struck the region in 1927, and that’s why its length increased to become what is now 28.5 m.
    - This is according to the inscription above the door, and in 1967 the Zionist entity bombed the minaret, resulting in severe damage and so it went under overall restoration process.
    - The minaret is located on the north corridor of Al-Aqsa Mosque between Bab Hatta and bab Al-Asbat north-east of the Dome of the Rock. It was built in the Mamluk period Sultan Al-Ashraf Shaaban, 769 AH / 1367 CE, by the Sifi Qatlubga.
    Then, the Supreme Islamic Council restored it once again after another earthquake struck the region in 1927, and that’s why its length increased to become what is now 28.5 m. This is according to the inscription above the door, and in 1967 the Zionist entity bombed the minaret, resulting in severe damage and so it went under overall restoration process. The minaret is located on the north corridor of Al-Aqsa Mosque between Bab Hatta and bab Al-Asbat north-east of the Dome of the Rock. It was built in the Mamluk period Sultan Al-Ashraf Shaaban, 769 AH / 1367 CE, by the Sifi Qatlubga.

  • Bab Al-Silsila minaret Al-Mahkma minaret

    Landmark Location:
    West of Al Aqsa Mosque / above the western gallery near the middle, between bab Al-silisla and Al-Ashrfya school.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:
    West Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:
    In the Mamluk period 730 AH / 1329 AD

    Reason of the name:
    It was called the minaret of bab Al-silsila:
    Because it is near to it.
    : It was called Al-mahkma minaret
    - Because it is near to Al-Tankzya school, ( al-mahkma ).

    Builder Name:
     Deputy Emir Saif al-Din Tankz Al-Nathri.

    It was called the minaret of bab Al-silsila:
    - Because it is near to it.
    - It was called Al-mahkma minaret.
    - Because it is near to Al-Tankzya school, ( al-mahkma ).
    - West of Al Aqsa Mosque / above the western gallery near the middle, between bab Al-silisla and Al-Ashrfya school.
    - West Dome of the Rock.
    - Deputy Emir Saif al-Din Tankz Al-Nathri.
    - 730 AH / 1329 AD in the Mamluk period.
    - It is reached by the entrance of Al- Ashrafya school by 80 degrees, which is square base. Its height is about 35 m, and it contains an erased memorial inscription located below the base of the minaret that includes information related to it, such as the name of its builder, the period in which it was built, and other information was restored by the highest Islamic Council, in 1922, because of the impact of many earthquakes, and was restored again in 1421 H / 2000 m, due to the excavations that affect them so much so far, and it looks like bab Al-Ghwanma gate, regarding its architectural design.
    - The judge says Mujir al-Din about it: “and is competent with the Muazzins who are the same, and it holds the work of the mosque and the rest of minarets are depending on it, because it is considered the only minaret that the muazzin call for the prayer in everyday until they started using the speakers from almuazzin’s room in the mosque. Also, its location is very sensitive, because it views the wall of Al-Buraq, which was seized by the Zionist entity in 1967, so it is not allowed for one of the Muslims to climb on it or on bab al-silsila adjacent to it, making it weak and needs urgent restoration.
    - It was called the minaret of bab Al-silsila, because it is near to it. It was called Al-mahkma minaret, because it is near to Al-tankzya school, ( al-mahkma ) West of Al Aqsa Mosque / above the western gallery near the middle, between bab al-silisl and Al-aashrfya school. West of the Dome of the Rock.
    - Deputy Emir Saif al-Din Tnkz Al-nathri.
    - 730 AH / 1329 AD in the Mamluk period.
    - It is reached by the entrance of Al- Ashrafya school by 80 degrees, which is square base, and its height is about 35 m. contains an erased memorial inscription located below the base of the minaret, and information related to it as the name of its builder, the period in which it was built, and other kind of information. It was restored by the Highest Islamic Council, in 1922 because of the impact of many earthquakes, and was restored again in 1421 H / 2000 m because of the excavations that affect them so much so far, and it looks like bab Al-ghwanma gate, regarding its architectural design.
    The judge says Mujir al-Din about it:
    “And is competent with the Muazzins who are the same, and it holds the work of the mosque and the rest of minarets are depending on it, because it is considered the only minaret that the muazzin call for the prayer in everyday until they started using the speakers from almuazzin’s room in the mosque. Also, its location is very sensitive, because it views the wall of Al-Buraq, which was seized by the Zionist entity in 1967, so it is not allowed for one of the Muslims to climb on it or on bab al-silsila adjacent to it, making it weak and needs urgent restoration.

  • Bab Al-Mgharbeh minaret Al-Fakhrya

    Landmark Location:
     In the southwestern corner of Al-Aqsa Mosque, and on the northwestern edge of the Women’s Mosque.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:
     Southwest of the Dome.

    Landmark History:
    In the Mamluk period between 746 – 900 AH / 1345 – 1495 AD.

    Reason of the name:
    - The reason behind its name: It is near to Bab Al-Mgharbah
    - The reason behind calling it Al-fakhrya minaret: After Shaikh Sharaf Al-Din bin Fakher

    Builder Name:
     The Mamluks.

    - The reason behind its name: It is near to Bab Al-Mgharbah
    - The reason behind calling it Al-fakhrya minaret: After Shaikh Sharaf Al-Din bin Fakher

    - In the southwestern corner of Al-Aqsa Mosque, and on the northwestern edge of the Women’s Mosque
    - Southwest of the Dome
    - The Mamluks
    - In the Mamluk period between 746 – 900 AH / 1345 – 1495 AD

    - A square minaret. Above it, there is a riffraff (where the callers of pray stand). There are beautiful horns hanging from it. Above the kingfisher is a wooden canopy topped by an octagonal neck. And above it is a small dome covered with lead plates.
    It is also one of the smallest minarets in Al-Aqsa Mosque. Its height is only 23.5 m. This minaret was built without foundation. It was there before the most affected by the weather and the natural disasters. However, the Supreme Islamic Council demolished and rebuilt it in 1341/1923, above the top box. Al-Aqsa Mosque Reconstruction Committee has recently restored it and shared it with bullets.
    And currently climbing to the minaret that has 50 steps starting from the Islamic Museum, but the Zionist entity prevails the staff of Al-Aqsa Mosque to climb it without unaccompanied by police, under the pretext of supervision of the square Al-Buraq. This minaret has held up in the face of the occupier, who tried to control and silence the ears, and hence; force the Ministry of Awqaf to put the speakers inside Al-Aqsa Mosque, which prevented the voice of AlAzan to reach the village of Silwan.
    The Zionist entity is working on digging tunnels to the south-west, which threatens to disfunction the minaret of the West, which stands without having a foundation of its own. On the back of the women’s mosque is the minaret of the Cave, in the south corner of Al-Aqsa Mosque, 746-900 AH / 1345-1495 CE). It was subjected to several renovations and restructurations by the Supreme Council for Reconstruction and the Ministry of Awqaf as well, because of the lack of its own basis. The occupation entity in turn preceded the staff of Al-Aqsa Mosque from boarding without accompaniment, in the pretext that it is near to the wall of Al-Buraq, and the continuation of excavations in the western area began to affect it and the rest of the buildings adjacent to it.

  • Al-Ghwanmeh gate Minaret / Minaret of Saraya / Minaret Qalawun

    Landmark Location:
    In the northern gallery of Al-Aqsa Mosque – in the far west.

    Landmark Location relative to Dome of the rock:
     East West Dome of the Rock.

    Landmark History:
    Mamluk Period – During the reign of Sultan Hossamuddin Lajin (677 AH / 1278 AD)
    Book the parameters under the microscope
    Mamluk / Umayyad Period (697 AH / 1297 AD) Atlas of the Mosque
    Aqsa Mosque and the site of Al-Aqsa Mosque archive

    Reason of the name:
    -The reason behind its name “the minaret of the Gate of Gwanmah”: Because it is near to the door of Gwanma ( bab Al-ghwanma )
    -The reason for naming it the minaret of the Saraya: Because it is located next to the Ottoman Saraya (Al-Omariya school at the moment)
    -The reason for calling it a lighthouse Qalawun: Because the minaret was renewed in his reign

    Builder Name:
    By Judge Sharaf al-Din Abdul Rahman (Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques).

    -The reason behind its name “the minaret of the Gate of Gwanmah”: Because it is near to the door of Gwanma ( bab Al-ghwanma )
    -The reason for naming it the minaret of the Saraya: Because it is located next to the Ottoman Saraya (Al-Omariya school at the moment)
    -The reason for calling it a lighthouse Qalawun: Because the minaret was renewed in his reign
    - In the northern gallery of Al-Aqsa Mosque – in the far west
    - East West Dome of the Rock
    - By Judge Sharaf al-Din Abdul Rahman (Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques)
    - Mamluk Period – During the reign of Sultan Hossamuddin Lajin (677 AH / 1278 AD) Book the parameters under the microscope Mamluk / Umayyad Period (697 AH / 1297 AD) Atlas of the Mosque Aqsa Mosque and the site of Al-Aqsa Mosque archive
    - One of the tallest minarets, and more elaborate than the motifs. The length of the minarets is 38 meters and is on a four-sided base.
    - The upper part is octagonal, with a large number of marble columns. It was renovated with the construction of the Minaret of the Chain during the reign of Sultan Muhammad ibn Qalawun in 730 AH / 1329 AD, and renewed the Supreme Islamic Council Rafafha (where callers of pray stand) in 1341 H / 1923, and was last restored in 2001 after being affected by the tunnels passing under which oversees the minaret on different Al-Aqsa Mosque Because of its great height and its distinctive location, the occupying entity sought to control it through the neighboring school of Al-Omar, which it had robbed since the beginning of the occupation of the mosque.
    - The reason for calling it the minaret of the Gate of Gwanmah is because it is near to the Al-Gwanma gate ( bab Al-ghwanma ) ,the reason for its designation is the minaret of the Saraya; because it is located next to the Ottoman Saraya (Al-Omariya school at the moment) ,the reason for calling it a lighthouse Qalawun; because the minaret was renewed in his reign, it is located In the northern gallery of Al-Aqsa Mosque – in the far west; east West Dome of the Rock Built by Judge Sharaf al-Din Abdul Rahman (Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques) In the Mamluk Period – During the reign of Sultan Hossamuddin Lajin (677 AH / 1278 AD)

1
حدث في مثل هذا اليوم

لا يوجد أحداث في مثل هذا اليوم