Landmark Location: Located in the center of Al Saadia, specifically at the end of a road known in the Mamluk era by the path of Ibn Jarrah and the alley of the Saadian. In the Ottoman era, it known as the Saadian or Hoash al-Saadi, and it known as the mulawiya or the mulawiya.
Landmark History:General (995 AH / 1586 AD).
Reason of the name:The name attributed to the Sufi method known as the mellifluous method that entered Jerusalem in the Mamluk era
Builder Name: Haj Khadawardi Beck, famous for Abu Seifin bin Sheikh Hussein Khaluti; Amir of the Jerusalem Brigade.
– In fact, the mosque is the current use of the Hanukkah mulawiya, and here are the details of what related to both:
Some historians have noted its high position and considered it an advantage that gives the minarets a beautiful panorama image of the composition.
The Khanka’a consists of a cross-shaped building with a shallow dome, with an area of 31, 4 square meters, with two doors, one east and the other west, up to a suspended balcony, in addition to a north window and another south and a third east parallel to the minaret.
The corner consists of a small room with a semi-circular contract, which is located below the arch holding the vault from the entrance and to the corridor to the upper floor, descending to it on three thresholds reached to three shrines wrapped in green cloth for three of the elders of the mole.
Specifications of the mosque:
It is located on the northern side of the corner, specifically to the left of the ascending on the thresholds connected to it, an area of (7, 80 × 10, 509) m 2, which is irregular due to overlap in the wall of the northern mosque with the wall of one of the neighboring role. The four pillars of the mosque known as the Mashakas; four, which help lighting and ventilation, and three arches, where a library was used in the Ottoman period.
The mihrab is in the south side is higher than the ground about two meters, and does not reach one meter,
, Decorated with two columns topped with decorative crowns topped by a semi-circular frame that forms the vertical base of the mihrab, which is composed of ten concave stone pillars.
Specifications of the minaret:
The Khanaqah minaret represents a living example of early Ottoman minaret architecture. It is short and consists of four sections:
A square base of twelve stone compartments, topped by nine stone pillars that form another square separated from the base square by a stone frieze, resembling the base square of square arches, the base of the minaret of the Prophet David Mosque.
The second base also includes another stone frieze with four stone pillars and an octagonal base that forms the second section of the minaret. It consists of five pillars, topped by a frieze that raises six other stone pillars.
The third section raised in a cylindrical shape up to fifteen stone markers
, And a new stone frieze, also topped by eight pillars with the minaret’s balcony, the fourth section of which consists of a stone frame consisting of three stone friezes arranged on top of each other. Above it are seven stone pillars surrounding the semicircular helmet.
The minaret has a number of openings for ventilation and lighting, this minaret based on the wall of the southern mosque, where its northern side disappears with the facade of the mosque’s Qibli wall. Thus some observed the difference of this minaret with its Ottoman style from its Ottoman-vaulted and stone-built counterpart to form a house for the muezzin.
Day Corner Shape:
The building of the general corner today does not have a parallel geometric shape.
The southern part of the building separated by a wall from the main area of the angle.
The width of the corner turned eastward from its length from east to west is 19, 50 m.
A staircase adjoins the original southern corner wall leading to the second floor on ten thresholds, leading to a terrace and then to the second floor, the third floor where the minaret is engraved.
– The expansion of the Khankah under the rule of the Ottomans who sponsored this method since the reign of the Ottoman Sultan Selim I, and the appointment of Obeishzadeh as the head of the Dervish Mawlawi and gave him five hundred nicks and each Sheikh and Darwish followers in Jerusalem after his conquest of Jerusalem in 921 AH / 1516.
Details of the origin of the building:
The building dates back to the Ottoman period, the first of the Fatimid period, and the second of the occupation of the Franks, which they built and made it a church called the Church of Agnos, which turned the church into a mosque considered one of the first Ottoman mosques in Jerusalem.
1 65 m, 3 to 20 m, 4 m to 90 m,
Al-Haj Khaddawradi stopped on the Khankhah a stand that ensures its continuation and defined the jobs, tasks and owners. He ordered the inscription of the construction date at the entrance to the Khanka. “This place was established by the great Sheikh Abu-Seifin Ghazi in 995 AH.”
The records of the Islamic Court of Jerusalem are full of arguments and many documents dealing with the affairs of the Khanka and its endowments, whether in the administrative, financial, social or architectural aspects, or their allocations from the endowments, charity and the Roman family.
Khankah included a library containing the most important books of this method, especially the book of Muthnawi to the owner of the founder of the method Mlawiya Jalaluddin Rumi (672-604 AH / 1207-1273 AD). Dr. Mohamed Ghosheh monitored these books and stated that they are seventy books written in Turkish mostly.
It visited by a number of Arab and foreign travelers, the most important of them: the traveler Sheikh Abdul Ghani Nabulsi, who gave us a very important description before the restoration of Mahbuddin Effendi, considered him Ghosheh “architectural painting close to the current description.”
In 1927, Mahbuddin Effendi, the captain of Al-Ashraf in Jerusalem, conducted a comprehensive tour of the Hanukkah in the year 1127 AH (1724 CE), which included the Foundation for the Revival of Heritage, Islamic Research and the Kitchen. ; The Department of Awqaf under the supervision of the Supreme Islamic Council, an urgent reconstruction in the same year, came to the minaret on a shorter picture than it was the result of engineering error, has raised that the people who detected a shortfall with the muezzin to raise the adhaan,
Reconstruction operations continued until 1947.
The use of the former and current teacher: The function of the khankah is limited today to the mosque, which commemorates God Almighty, and the establishment of the five prayers, until it became called the mosque of the mulawiya, while the other rooms are used as a residence for some families.