Schools

A school is an educational institution that include a number of students and teachers, in which students receive different kinds of knowledge from their teachers. In the Old Town in Jerusalem, there are as many as 35 schools. These schools are considered historical schools in Jerusalem, some of which still exist, some were turned into residences for Jerusalemite families, and others were demolished. Some of the schools in the Old Town are Dar al-Qur’aan al-Islamiyyah, al-Hakamiya school and al-Jalqiya.

  • Pick a point from the map
  • The Mimouniyah School (Deir El Magdalia)

    Landmark History:
    Jumada al-Awda, 593 AH / 1196 AD

    Reason of the name:
    Attributed to who made waqf Prince Fares al-Din Abu Said Maimon ibn Abdullah al-Qasari Khazandar Sultan Salah al-Din.

    Builder Name: Prince Faris al - Din Abu Said Maymon bin Abdullah al - Qasri Khazandar Sultan Salah al - Din.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – Located inside the wall of the Old Town at Bab al-Sahira, 200 meters away.

    -Taken by Forlos III Bishop of Syrian in Jerusalem, also present at the Islamic conquest in 636 AD.

    We do not know how and when moved to the hands of Muslims, and was initially a corner and then turned into a school of Shafi’i.

    Strange how it said that in the era of Majir in 900 AH / 1494 AD neglected and did not have a system.

    As I read two centuries later or that, he was a supervisor and stopped: “The legitimate ruler acknowledged both from Hassan Bek, Mohammed Agha and Qasim Agha, sons of Toukan zadeh, in one third of the post of tutoring to the Mimouniya school in Jerusalem with a salary of 5 ithamah. Each day instead of Mr. Taj al-Din ibn Hassan Afandi al-Ja’ouni and Mr. Badr al-Din, bin Shams al-Din al-Ja’ouni. Al-Faraqan compared their spare time to that of 260 Zultha, and that was in 1175 AH / 1761 AD. Muhammad ibn Hafez al-Srouri al-Maqdisi of Bani Ghanem who died in 1089 AH / 1678 AD taught it during the 17th century AD.

    Asali and that some of them Fakhour, and the other side of the dustbin, It remained so until the late nineteenth century, the Turks take it as a school and they called the “Quds Sharif Aaadadece Office”, launched in 1309-1310h / 1892, and named Al Momoniah.

    Learned many of the children of Jerusalem, and after the English occupation became a school for girls belonging to the public knowledge.

    The former teacher and the Chalikant used a Roman church and it said to be Syriac, and these called the Monastery of Magdalene.

  • Al-Mu’adhimiya School (Hanafi School)

    Landmark History:
    In the year 614 AH / 1218 AD.

    Reason of the name:
    - Named Muamadiyya on the name of its founder and positions King Issa bin Mohammed bin Ayoub. - It called Hanafia because it made waqf on the scholars and agreed by the owners of the Hanafi School.

    Builder Name: The great King Isa bin Mohammed bin Ayoub.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – An interview for Bab al-Atm (Bab Faisal / Bab Sharaf al-Anbiya)

    – The school consists of two floors, and the entrance leads to a dispenser leading to an open dish on the first floor – which is still standing – and the north of the courtyard is a large high Iwan, overlooking the saucer of a southern opening preceded by a tapered contract.

    The archaeological evidence indicates the presence of a southern Iwan across the northern Iwan, there is a room in this place now, behind it are turab containing the graves of Mujahideen believed to be from the Ayyubids era, there are minarets left behind the turba and above the facade overlooking the street, with these endowments people’s hands became private property.

    – It made waqf on the scholars and agreed upon by the owners of the Hanafi School, and this is evident in what written on its court in the wall of Al-Qibli school.

    It made waqf in the year (600 AH / 1203 AD), and it is one of the largest schools in Jerusalem, A great role in the intellectual movement, which lasted for centuries.

    Sheikh to teach a number of senior scientists, and the empty rooms existing on the first floor to date, and the other that is located on the second floor used for the housing teachers and students of science and those who serve the school.

    This school destroyed and many of its parts destroyed and the rest became of which exists as a dwelling house.

  • Al-Baroudiyah School

    Landmark History:
    In the Mameluke era.

    Reason of the name:
    Named after its builder, "Haja Safri Khatoon" daughter of Sharaf al-Din Abu Bakr bin Mahmoud known as Baroudi.

    Builder Name: Alset alhaja Safri Khatoon, daughter of Sharaf al-Din Abi Bakr bin Mahmoud known as "Balarodi".

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – From Al-Aqsa Mosque in the west at the door of the viewer near the school Altchtmrih.

    – The date of its suspension dates back to the year (778 AH / 1366 AD), and it is now a dwelling house.

  • Al-Mousiliyah School (Islamic school)

    Landmark History:
    The exact date of the building and the endowment not known, and it is probably built about a year (740 AH / 1330 AD), in the eighth century AH / AD 14th century.

    Reason of the name:
    Named after Fakhruddin Al-Musalli.

    Builder Name: In another statement, it mentioned that Sheikh Abu Bakr bin Ali bin Abdullah bin Mohammed al-Shaibani al-Musli, who died in 797 AH / 1394 CE, is the one who built it.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    -Located in Bab al-Atm (Faisal / Sharaf Al-Anbiya) north of the dawadariyah school, its main facade overlooks the eastern side of Bab al-Atm, its northern facade overlooks Al-Mujahideen road leading to Alasbat gate in the Jerusalem wall.

    – Conflicting statements about the builder of the Mosuliya School, it reported that Sharaf al-Din Yahya Abba al-Fath ibn al-Sheikh al-Husseini al-Alban, died in 615 AH / 1218 AD, is a builder.

    – This school distinguished by the greatness of its construction and the beauty of its main gate, which topped by exquisite rows of hollow girders and domes that hang in its harmonious sequence known as mokarsanat, in addition to the stones of stone, which follow the colors of white and red “cymbals”.

    It consists of two floors and an open courtyard in a large western Iwan, surrounded by a number of cells.

    The second floor contains a number of rooms dedicated to student housing and teachers and accessed from the open courtyard by a stone staircase.

    – It recorded in the records of the Islamic court that Mr. Jarallah Al-Latifi was the teacher and owned Awqafha in 1175 AH / 1761 AD.

    He was taking a salary of ten Osmaniyat, and the school known as the Islamic school, which belongs to who made waqf, Khawaja Majd al-Din Abu al-Fida Ismail, ne of Cairo’s leading merchants and its rich.

    In the school, Mosuliyah on the east bank of the Tigris River, a name borne by the school in the arguments of the endowments that locked.

    Some of the books of the Tabu and the records of the Sharia Court of Jerusalem dating back to the sixteenth century confirm the suspension of the school and its location and its relation to the place where the waqf born, it renovated in AH 941 AH / 1435 CE.

    Its lengths included stables in the villages of Ni’lin, Jaba’, Albateekh, Albera, And other farms in the appearance of Jerusalem, which dedicated to the teaching of the Koran and the Hadith, especially from the book of Sahih Bukhari.

    The duration of study is two years, and reveal many of the legitimate arguments about the participation of Turkish figures counterparts Jerusalem in the administration of the school and its endowments, and boasts a number of scholars and scholars.

    It dominated by individuals from the family of Abu al-Latif (Jar allah) since the eighteenth century AD, and become a residence of their own, and until recently was Naji Effendi Metwally endowment.

    Abu Bakr al-Shaibani al-Musli visited Jerusalem after 790 AH, and it is noteworthy that the sources that spoke about the Ayyubi era did not talk about this school.

    This school played a significant role in the intellectual movement in Jerusalem, where Abu Bakr al-Shibani, and continued to play its intellectual role until the twelfth century AH / Eighteen AD.

    The past and present of the school, it was a schoolm then A’al abu Latif since the eighteenth century AD, and became their own housing.

  • Al-Khanka School (Aldwaidaria)

    Landmark History:
    Year (695 AH / 1295 AD).

    Reason of the name:
    Named after the one who build it and made it waqf; Prince Taala dein Abu Musa Singer Aldwaidar.

    Builder Name: Prince Tali al-Din Abu Musa Sinjar al-Dawaidar, who died in (Rajab 699 AH / 1299 AD).

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – Located to the north of Al-Aqsa Mosque to the east of Bab Al-Atm (Faisal / Sharaf Al-Anbiya / Al-Dawaidariyah) next to Al-Bastia school, that is to the right of the outside of Al-Aqsa of this gate.

    – In 1914, Fanbarsham described the originality of the design of its building and the splendor of its architecture; it consists of two floors overlooking an open courtyard.

    It includes a mosque consisting of a prayer house on the first floor of the Khanka; it contains a large number of rooms for Sufis and worshipers.

    A beautiful Mameluke entrance adorned with a beautiful collection of rows of hollow girders and a dome that hangs through its harmonious sequence to form what known as muqrsanat today, however changes made in its shape.

    – This school is the first Mameluke building north of Al-Aqsa Mosque; Ibn Fadlullah al-Amri identified its location and mentioned it as a bond, the historian of Jerusalem, Majir Allah al-Hanbali, said that he saw the book of waqf attributed to the school, known as Alsaleheen house.

    This confirmed by the inscription of its establishment, which he describes as the betrayal of Sufis “Arabs and Ajam”

    The waqf includes the villages of Beit Nabala of Jerusalem, Jericho, and other productive properties, shops and other houses in Nablus and Bisan, and the village of Tabars from Qaqoun, a bath in Nablus, which added later to waqf, contributed tothe scientific movement in Jerusalem.

    Sheikhs from various Jerusalem families, most notably the families of Ibn Juma’a and the Engineer, continued to perform their mission until the end of the Ottoman era, it specialized for girls, and did not stop during the Jordanian administration, but allocated to primary education for males until 1985.

    It worked as mayor of the Zionist entity converted school to a school for people with special needs under the supervision of the Arab Foundation.

  • Al – Qadiriya School

    Landmark History:
    In Rabee Althanee month,year in 836 AH / 1432 AD.

    Reason of the name:
    Named after the one who made it waqf; Prince Nasser al-Din Muhammad bin Abdul Qadir.

    Builder Name: The wife of Prince Nasser al-Din Muhammad ibn Abd al-Qader, called Egypt Khatun.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – Located northeast of the Old Town.

    The facade decorated with words written in Mameluke script and in capital letters, only the following words can be found: “In the name of God the Most Gracious the Most Merciful … The honorable King, may God have mercy on him, the date of the month of Rabee ‘the other months …”

    But in the name of God the Most Gracious the Most Merciful, this blessed school established the damned Egypt Khatun, the wife of Prince Nasser al-Din Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Qadir, in the days of Maulana the Sultan, King Al-Ashraf Bishbay Allah, And the date of the month of Rabee the other months of the year thirty-six and eight hundred. “

    Mujair addin said that it was inside the mosque and made waqf by Prince Nasser al-Din Muhammad ibn Abd al-Qadir after his wife, Egypt Khatun built it.

    It did not have a waqf book; he wrote a book of his money to waqf it.

    It established in our time (897 AH / 1491 CE) and built during the reign of King Barsbay In the spring of the last year (836 AH / 1432 AD).

    Located north of Al-Aqsa Mosque between Bab Hatta from the west and the minaret of the occupation from the east, as for the school today, it become a ruin and become the place of the coffins of the dead.

  • Al Kamilia School

    Landmark History:
    Stopped and established in the year (816 AH / 1413 AD), the time of King Muayyad Sheikh Mahmoudi.

    Reason of the name:
    Named after the origin and positions of Hajj Kamel Trabelsi.

    Builder Name: Hajj Kamel Trabelsi.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    -On the road to Bab Hatta, north of the Crimea school.

    – The school has two floors and the entrance knotted with a tapered contract on both sides of a stone seat known as the Guillotine.

    After the entrance distributed next to a simple mosque and a well of water leading to stone staircases reach the second floor, which consists of an open square dish surrounded by a number of small and large rooms, South side.

    – In the year 1180 AH / 1761 AD, Jarallah Lutfi arrested, made waqf under the records of that year. However, according to the historian of Jerusalem, Mujair al-Din al-Hanbali, the school did not find a book of waqf.

    The documents of the Heritage and Islamic Research Foundation said that the Beaver family had taken their place at the end of the Ottoman era, the school also had a great role in the cultural movement in Jerusalem before it became Its function is to accommodate a group of the Musos family.

  • Al Lu’lu’yah School

    Landmark History:
    A year ago (775 AH / 1373 AD).

    Reason of the name:
    Attributed to the Mameluke Sultan Prince Lulu Gazi Ateeq, King Shaaban bin Hussein.

    Builder Name: *Prince Lulu Ghazi Ateeq Mameluke Sultan, King Shaaban bin Hussein.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – The school located within an architectural mall that is located in one of the old Jerusalem shops, it is known as the Marzaban hill, which is the Qurami neighborhood today, if you want to reach it, you have to reach the Qurami road next to the corner of Sheikh Mohammed Al-Qurami. Near from Albadria School east, north of Aladdin Al – Basir bath.

    – The Lu’lu’yah School in the northern Iwan of the architectural mall, which consists of two floors and an open square dish, and four Owen the courtyard from all sides, includes a large number of rooms, including large and small area, and arrive through the entrance above the arch leads to the corridor leads to the courtyard.

    The climb to the second floor is through a stairway, the facade of the front school in the basement built of large stones, unlike the upper facade built of smaller stones.

    – Referring to some documents of Al-Aqsa Mosque in the Mameluke period, the books of editing the Ottoman Taboo and the records of the Jerusalem Legal Court, the school was very active in the teaching of the Holy Quran until the nineteenth century.

    Its functions distributed among members of families with the assets of Jerusalem and Turkish, the most prominent of these families family A’al-Gdia.

    The waqfs related to the school can be reached through the end of the corner and Rabat attributed to the house of Sawar, which referred to in the Ottoman period as a destroyer and a village that follows the Arqub tribe.

  • Al-Badriyah school

    Landmark History:
    Established in 610 AH (1213 AD) before the martyrdom of Prince Badr al-Din in a confrontation with the Franks near Nablus.

    Reason of the name:
    Named after Badr al - Din Muhammad ibn Abi Qasim al - Hakari.

    Builder Name: Its origin and position on the scholars of the Shaafa'is, one of the princes of the great king, Badr al-Din Muhammad bin Abi Qasim al-Hakari and his advisers.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – Located in the Al-Wad neighborhood of Jerusalem, on the western side of the Qurami road, not far from the Lualoaia School.

    – The entrance to the school topped by a pointed contract topped by the foundation inscription and in the western part of it a large tomb of stone, while the other parts demolished and merged with the adjacent buildings.

    -The owners of the Al-Badriya family sold it to a group from A’AL almani.

    According to the documents of the Heritage and Islamic Research Foundation, the Almani shared their disposition with the Tuttungi family in the late Ottoman period, based on the establishment, That he had overcome them to work and teach the jurisprudence of Shafi’i, and perhaps studied other subjects.

  • Alwajihiyah School

    Landmark History:
    701 AH / 1301 AD.

    Reason of the name:
    Named after its builder Sheikh Wajih addin.

    Builder Name: Sheikh Wajihuddin Mohammed bin Othman bin Asaad bin Manja Tnokhi Damascene.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – At Al-Guanma gate, next to Almuhdathia School.

    – The establisher died in 701 AH / 1301 AD, it is a school of Hanafi’s.

    -Salah al-Din al-Safadi and Ibn Hajar al-Asqlani described this effect in Rabat, he described it as a school of thought, and it carried out its intellectual role in Jerusalem.

    It took a number of scholars and taught it, and continued its role in the intellectual movement in the 8th century AH.

    The use of the former teacher and now converted into a residence.

  • The Abasereia School

    Landmark History:
    Mameluke era (693 AH / 1293 AD).

    Reason of the name:
    Named after Prince Alaeddin Abaseiri.

    Builder Name: Attributed to Prince Alaeddin Al-Abbasiri, who was the master of the two holy mosques (Al-Qudsi and Brahimi in Hebron) from the days of Al-Zaher Baybars until the time of Al-Mansour Qalawun.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – Located west of Al-Aqsa Mosque next Bab Al Nazer.

    – In the Turkish era it became a residence for some Africans who used by the Turkish government in the affairs of the police who guarded the schools, houses and galleries in the area of ​​Al-Aqsa Mosque, it forbidden for Christians and foreigners to enter Al-Aqsa.

    They prevented non-Muslims from entering it completely even if they were princes or kings.

    As for today, their grandchildren suffer from poor living conditions in Jerusalem, and have become at the end of the Ottoman era, the school was a prison, the English transferred the prison to the present prison, known as the Miskobiya, and section of the building became a residential house in which a group from the Khalidi family.

     

  • Al-Hanbaliyah School (Dar Qatniyeh)

    Landmark History:
    781 AH.

    Reason of the name:
    The school is the second largest school devoted to religious education in Jerusalem on the approach of the Hanbali doctrine.

    Builder Name: attributed to Prince Saif al-Din bed dammar Khwarizmi, Deputy Sham, who stood in the year (777 AH / 1375 AD) before the completion of construction

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    The school is the second largest school devoted to religious education in Jerusalem on the approach of the Hanbali doctrine.

    – Located a few meters west of the main schools and vase at the Al-Hadeed gate.

    – The school consists of two floors with an open courtyard; its entrance covered with a colonnade, on each side is a stone seat leading to a distributor, then to the courtyard, which surrounded by a number of rooms with entrances, which leads to a large southern Iwan.

    The second floor occupied as accommodation for students and teachers.

    – The records of the Holy Court of Jerusalem confirm the suspension of the Hanbali school and some of its architectural components and its reconstruction in the year 963 AH / 1555 AD. Damascus (887 AH / 1482 AD), and Ismail Effendi Srori.

    Past and the present of the previously known school, but now it is a residential house called Dar Qatniyeh, in 1954 bought by Sheikh Ali Al-Taziz, and today inhabited by a group of A’al Qutob.

  • Al Mazhria School

    Landmark History:
    completed its construction in the year (885 AH / 1480 AD).

    Reason of the name:
    Attributed to Zinedine Abi Bakr bin Mohammed bin Ahmed bin Abdul Khaliq bin Osman bin Mezher Ansari Damascene origin, who made it waqf

    Builder Name: Zinedine Abi Bakr bin Mohammed bin Ahmed bin Abdul Khaliq bin Othman bin Mezher Al-Ansari Damascene origin, Qahri, Shafi'i, who was a senior state under the reign of Sultan Qaitbay.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – Located in bab Alhadid, specifically on the southern side of the Bab al-Hadid, where part of it on the back of the school of Argonne located to the west and adjacent to it, and the bulk of the corridors of Al-Aqsa Mosque.

    – The building of the school is one of the most prestigious and ancient buildings in Jerusalem, it distinguished by its high gate, which is brightly colored. Above it is an arch, topped by rows or panels of hollow niches and a dome that hangs through its symmetrical sequence, which known architecturally as Almoqarsanat.

    The school consists of two floors, in the center of the first open-air dish to the northern and southern Iwan of the school, arriving at a beautiful Mameluke-style entrance with two stories high, white and red stones decorated a group of arched girders and a sloping dome during a symmetrical sequence, abeautiful mural in the southern Ewan.

    A stone in the northwestern corner to the northern Iwan, and then leads to the second floor, which contains rooms, teaching rooms, student accommodation and teachers.

    – The records of the Shari’a Court of Jerusalem and some books of the taboo dating back to the Ottoman period, confirm the suspension of Almazharia School, which made waqf of the village of Beit Sahour Khan Bani Saad and its lands, as well as other lands in Jerusalem.

    In the late tenth century / AD 16th century, it exceeded its 1000 coins, spent on the beneficiaries.

    The school continued its important scientific role, which carried out by scientists from the families of al-Ghazi and Dajani.

    At the end of the Ottoman period, the school built in the state of Said al-Dawadi before being inhabited by a group of the Shaabani, and knew the House of the people until 1933, so bought by the waqf of the family.

  • The Islamic Industrial School of Orphans

    Landmark History:
    Early 20th century, 1922

    Builder Name: Sheikh Mohammed Amin Al - Husseini.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – In the Old City of Jerusalem, adjacent to Al-Aqsa Mosque.

    – The idea of ​​establishing it at the beginning of the twentieth century was decided by the Supreme Islamic Council, as a result of the circumstances and events experienced by the city of Jerusalem after the fall of the Ottoman Empire until the Zionist occupation.

    -The occupation of poverty and ignorance, and increasing number of orphans, then the idea came of ​​the establishment of the Islamic orphanage.

    Adopted in 1922 under the leadership of the Grand Mufti of Palestine Sheikh Mohammed Amin al-Husseini, and since its inception the orphanage began its journey to receive orphans coming from all Palestinian cities and villages.

    The requirements of life from eating, clothing and education between the academic and vocational given for them, and with the passage of days is no longer limited to the industrial school to orphan students, but joined by all those who wish to.

    -Among the students who learn in the house are printing and binding, carpentry, paint, bamboo and sewing. Students study for three years in the school and graduate from one of the four disciplines, now they currently number 80 students

  • Al-Baladiyah School “Menkali Bgha”

    Landmark History:
    It dates back to the Mameluke period and built during the reign of King Alashraf Shaaban.

    Reason of the name:
    It was called Al-Baladiyah School because it was theschool for the children of the country (Balad: country).

    Builder Name: rince Saif al - Din Manqali Bgha Al - Ahmadi. Named after the one who made it waqf; Prince Saif al-Din Menkali Bga Ahmadi.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – Located to the north of the Bab Al-Sakina and accessed through Bab Al-Silsila.

    – This school consists of two floors of the building, accessed through bab alsisila, through a small southern entrance, pinned with a tapered contract.

    Leads to a covered corridor turn to the left, and in turn to the open area of ​​the first floor, the second floor includes a number of private rooms for the residence of teachers and students of science.

    – In the year (1147 AH / 1734 AD), Sheikh al-Khalili, Mufti of Sadat al-Shaafa’i, and the elders of the Qadiriyah method, buried in the area across the entrance a few meters from the entrance of Menkali Bgha.

    This school transferred to the descendants of Sheikh Al-Khalili and then transferred to the Al-Turgoman.

    In this way, it adopted the teaching of the Holy Quran, Hadith and Fiqh on the Shafi’i sect.

    One of whom studied in the middle of the century (11 AH / 17 AD) Mr. Mohieddin Al-Wafai Husseini captain supervision of Jerusalem and the school Awqaf in Egypt in the village of Kom Traders and Harasta Egyptian.

  • Salameh School (Mosuliyah)

    Landmark History:
    It is probably built in the year (740 AH / 1330 AD).

    Reason of the name:
    Named after Al-Khawaja Majd al-Din Abu al-Fida Isma'il, one of the major merchants of Cairo and its archaeologists, and the name of Mosuliyah, the name that the school carries in the waqf arguments Which occupied by about 700 AH 1300 AD.

    Builder Name: Some say that Sharaf al-Din Yahya Abba al-Fath ibn al-Sheikh al-Husayni al-Alban al-Alban, who died in AH 615 AH / 1218 AD, who built it, also mentioned that Sheikh Abu Bakr bin Ali bin Abdullah bin Muhammad al-Shaibani al-Musli, who died in 797 AH / 1394 AD, Build it.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – Located on the eastern bank of the Degla river near Bab Al-Atem (Sharaf Al-Anbiya / Faisal), next to Al-Dweidariyah School on the north side, overlooking its main facade on the eastern side of Bab Al-Atm, its northern facade overlooks the path of the Mujahideen leading to the Alasbat Gate in the Jerusalem Wall.

    – The school characterized by its Greatness and the beauty of its main gate, which topped by exquisite rows of hollow girders and the dome that hangs during its harmonious sequence known as the muqrnasat.

    In addition to Madamek of stone, it is followed by white and red (sunoj mashqa), consisting of two floors and an open dish, there is a large Iwan in the west, surrounded by a number of cells, the second floor contains a number of rooms prepared as housing students and teachers, Uncovered by a stone staircase.

    – Mentioned by Mujir al-Din on page 393 of his book “The Human Galilee”, and transferred by the author of the plans of the Sham, he said that the house of the Koran and it is now a dwelling house, inhabited by a group of the A’al Jarallah.

    Some Tabu books and the records of the Jerusalem court legitimacy back to the sixteenth century, confirmed to the waqf of the school and Its location and its relation to the place of birth of the waqf, and the discovery of its restoration in the year (941 AH / 1435 AD).

    The capacity of its endowments, which included stables in the villages of Ni’lin, Jaba ‘, al-Batikh and al-Bireh, as well as land and other farms in the outskirts of Jerusalem.

    It dedicated to teaching the Holy Quran and Hadith, especially from the book of Sahih Bukhari, and the duration of the study was two years.

    This school created a great intellectual movement in Jerusalem, and reveal many legitimate arguments about the participation of Turkish figures counterparts in Jerusalem in the administration and endowments, Scholars and scholars, before being dominated by members of the Abu-Latif family (Jar allah) since the eighteenth century AD and become a private residence for them, and recently attributed to Naji Effendi.

  • Al – Jaliqiyah School

    Landmark History:
    10 Jumada al-Awal 702 AH / 1302 AD.

    Reason of the name:
    Named after its builder Rokn Addin Baybars Jaliq Salhi.

    Builder Name: Rokn al-Din Baybars Al-Salihi, one of the Mameluke sultan of the Ayyubi Alsaleh Najmuddin Ayoub.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – It is located from the Bab Al Selsila road to the north to meet with the Al Ain staircase, which is along Al Wad Road and at the police station, which opened new on the stairs leading to Al Buraq Square.

    – The school consists of two units; the first is a vaulted room at the corner of the street and anterior room to the north side of the eye staircase.

    The second unit is the main entrance and lead to the staircase of the eye, then to the courtyard surrounded by old buildings since the Ottoman era, and the school built on an old bridge contains the path of the series of series from east to west.

    The arcades under Al-Galaqia, the rubble removed in 1977 to form a passage from the road to Al-Buraq Square.

    – Only, some of the rooms used as the headquarters of the Israeli police in Jerusalem.

  • Al Awhadia School

    Landmark History:
    It established during the Al Awhad Najem dein Yusuf in the Ayyubid period, on 20 Rabie II, 697 AH, corresponding to 4 February 1298 AD.

    Reason of the name:
    Named after its King Al Awhad Najem dein Yusuf ibn Malik Nasser Salah al-Din.

    Builder Name: The king Al Awhad Najem dein Yusuf ibn Malik al-Nasir Salah al-Din, who was the Emir of Ayubi of the cousins ​​of Salah al-Din.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    -The school located west of Bab Hatta near the gate of Al-Aqsa Mosque, adjacent to the northern wall of Al-Aqsa and to the east of Al-Dweidariyah and Bastia.

    – Huge building with a beautiful gate to the north on the road leading to Bab Hitta, consists of two floors. The first floor to enter the vestibule to square to the south of the tomb of the founder and an additional front room.

    The second floor contains rooms clustered around a small square in the north and south, there is a staircase leading to other rooms on the middle floor and then higher floor to the roof of the Aqsa gallery.

    – The school is the oldest model of schools and Ayyubids tombs in Jerusalem, especially in the northern corridor of Al-Aqsa Mosque.

    Persons who took the Presbytery in this school: Sheikh Mohammed bin Mohammed Al-Latifi, and gave up the Sheikh and the housing in the school, Sheikh Khalil bin Abi Wafa Dajani year (393 e (1124 AD).

    Sheikh Mohammed bin Ali Jarallah, who took the Presbytery (394 AH / 1202 AD), and today is the residence of a group of the Sharbati family and no longer works as a school like most schools.

  • Al – Tashtmriyah School

    Landmark History:
    The year 1397 AD, in the Mameluke era.

    Reason of the name:
    This is because it called al- Tashtmriyah, after its builder, Prince Saif al-Din al-Tashtmri.

    Builder Name: Prince Saif al - Din al - Tashtamri al - Ali.

    Additional Information about the landmark:
    – Located just before the road leading to Bab al-Silasila on the turn of Abu Madin road.

    -The school consists of four parts: the school, the mausoleum, water fountain and classes for orphans, the Mameluke school is exquisite, on top of this facade is a stone of alabaster written on the Mamelukes copy handwritting and in capital letters. “The establishment of this blessed place established by Al-Ashraf Al-Siyifi, Tashtmar Al-Ala’i, on the date of the year four hundred and eight hundred,” come across with 1382 AD.

    – Imam Shahabuddin Abul-baqaa Ahmed Al-Zubairi Almasri took over teaching in.

    The Imam’s family took the place of the Supreme Islamic Council and five families occupy the upper floors.

    Recently, all parts of the building used by the council and the population rehabilitated and service networks rehabilitated, the project was completed in 2004, in which Prince Saif al-Din al-Tashmari and his son Ibrahim buried.

2
حدث في مثل هذا اليوم

29 كانون الثاني الموافق 4 جمادى الآخرة تغيير